Pence Gallery Development Officer
The Pence Gallery is a nonprofit art organization, founded in 1976 in Davis, CA, to serve the community by offering high caliber art exhibits, supporting the development of local artists, and providing educational programs to visitors of all ages. The Development Associate will work with the Director and the Board of Directors to develop, implement, and support a long-term program of fundraising. The Development Associate will work under the guidance of the Pence Director, and is an at-will employee.
The specific duties of the Pence Development Associate will be to:
- Assist the Director and the Board in designing a program of fundraising, which includes planned and legacy giving.
- Assist with annual membership drive and special offers to increase membership.
- Develop donor events and incentives to recognize and encourage donations.
- Increase participation of sponsors for events and exhibit sponsorship.
- Assist the Director and Board in developing new relationships with fundraising potential among businesses and individuals in the community.
- Manage, with the Director, the organization’s efforts during the annual Big Day of Giving.
- Update and maintain the donor database.
The applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of one year of relevant work experience in event planning, marketing, or development at a nonprofit organization. Excellent writing and presentation skills are desired. Experience in developing budgets, writing reports and grants is also highly desirable. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively, and to manage multiple projects at once.
The position will be 25 hours per week at $15 per hour, with no benefits except 24 hours of sick leave as authorized in Employee Handbook. Schedule is three to four days a week, based on applicant’s schedule, but must include work onsite at the Pence. Help at events and during Gallery open hours as needed. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to
212 D Street, Davis CA 95616, or
No phone calls please. The position is open until filled. Re-posted Dec. 2017.